Il Vinaietto, A Cool (and affordable) Wine Bar in Downtown Rome - Via Monte della Farina 38






While walking on a street behind Campo de Fiori, loud laughter's made my attention turn to Il Vinaietto, one of central Rome's oldest wine bars. I was immediately welcomed, and to my surprise I was offered a glass of wine. I did not even have the time to introduce myself, and at once the place and the people within it felt familiar, almost as if I knew all of them. The air was welcoming, there were people of all different ages and backgrounds, and what brought them together was the passion for a good glass of wine and honest company. That was truly the feeling I had while inside. I was a stranger amongst friends, but it did not feel that way, it felt the opposite. They showed me around the pub and showed me a few of their favorite wines, telling me about the thickness, the flavor, the sweetness or the alcohol level. I felt they shared a passion of the past, as they told me how the Romans and Greeks would drink wine and discuss philosophy and politics and psychology together. While leaving I was asked to swap phone numbers so as to meet again and enjoy another a glass of wine, and I gladly exchanged my number. Knowing the rarity of finding a place with such friendliness and warmth, I smiled to myself, because I had found such a place.


Leave a Reply

Labels

alemanno (1) angels (1) antiquariato (1) antiques (1) art (1) bar (1) beautiful (1) berlusconi (1) ceramics (1) comedy (1) decoration (1) dipinto (1) drinking (1) funny (1) hangout (1) italia (1) italy (6) marijuana (1) painting (1) pickpockets (1) putti (1) roma (4) rome (6) scam (2) silvio (1) sindaco (1) stores (2) tariffa 2 (1) tariffa due (1) taxi (1) thieves (1) tourist (1) vase (1) vino (1) weed (1) wine (1)